According to the Direct Selling Agency, in the UK, over 400,000 people are involved with direct selling. I am one of them.
I was first introduced to this concept in 2004 when a lovely lady sold me a foundation. A year later I met another lady who became my consultant. From her I bought makeup and skincare and over the years our relationship progressed to more than just customer/ Consultant. I n 2014 I made the jump and became one of the 400,000 direct sellers, the rest is history or on Facebook 🙂 .
20th August 2018, after a trip from the hospital I faced the unthinkable. I pretty much had to choose between carry on the way i was going, unhappy with my business, stressed up, my health was not getting any better, I was going to start University … or make a change. Something had to give. As much as I loved what I was doing, I thought the best thing to do was to drop the business. That’s the short story …
A week later, I was bored and missed working for myself and with people. I contemplated going back to a 9-5, had a couple of interviews and came to the conclusion that Network Marketing was my kind of business. The problem was not the business I was in, It was just the way I was running it. After 4 years, the business I was in was no longer fulfilling my vision. I needed a change. So I went on a hunt for the best fit for me, my circumstances and my family.
All I needed now was to find the right company so the hunt started.
Ticking the Boxes
The good thing about having industry experience, is that when you are ready to change, you will know exactly what you want and what you don’t want.
The following was important to me
The company's history
With family commitments, I was looking for company that would provide security, one that has stood the test of time. I could not take the risk to be involved with a new or new ish company.
Arbonne founded by Petter Mørck and chemist Pierre Bottiglieri in 1975. Peter Mørck later moved to South Laguna in 1980 to establish the company’s headquarters in America.
I also wanted a family owned company. The fact that Arbonne was acquired by the Groupe Rocher, a well known brand that I recognised and was familiar with was very important to me.
Rocher are a family – run group with strong local connections and a focus on the future. They are an internationally-run group trully committed which has been going for 3 generations driven by a clear ambition: To make beauty and wellbeing accessible to all women. The Rocher Brands includes Yves Roche, Petit Bateau, Stanhome, Dr Oierre Ricaud, Daniel Jouvance, Kiotis, ID Parfums, Sabon and Arbonne. The Groupe Rocher succeed thanks to their proximity, effectiveness, a permanent innovative policy in touch with the current trends and environment respect. (Source: Groupe Rocher Website)
The amazing thing in this industry is that although you are in business for yourself, you are never by yourself. However, finding a community to be part of is not always an easy job. I attended the Annual Conference a week after joining and i was blown away how supporting they were, welcoming, you can genuinely see how happy for eachother they were.
My sponsor made sure there will be someone there to meet me, as soon as i mentioned it was my first day, I was welcomed without asking which team I was part of.
The following week I attended a local Discover Arbonne event and it was a breath of fresh air to see Top leaders, not even from the same team but were there to support each other. They had a common goal.
Since joining i have already made friends who want nothing but to see you succeed. They actually like each other.
One word, AMAZING!! I had to find business support that would work with my lifestyle. Online training was one the boxes that needed to be ticked. I looked around and was blown away by the support offered by Arbonne. As i couldn’t see everything, I became more and more curious and decided to pay for a kit to try the products but also to have access to the back office. And yes it was everything I could have wished for in a home business. I recorded a live demo on Facebook check it out here.
After my first training event, It was amazing to hear from the individuals, both men and women. These guys have been in the company for 10 years not just motivating you and telling you ” you can do anything you set your mind too”, they were teaching the skills on how to get to where you want to be.
AAC – Arbonne Annual Conference, was an eye opening for me. I was impressed not only by the energy in the room, the recognition, the cars, but mostly the training which were delivered by Independent Consultant who experienced success on the field. That to me spoke volume. A day of training felt like I was a Network Marketing virgin. I came home with a book filled with tips and knowledge which allowed me to promote to District Manager in my first month.
In additional to physical meetings, zoom training is provided by our National Vice President. I also provide training for my team. If I moved to Canada, I wouldn’t need to start again from Scratch, I will just pick up from where i left of.
Products are the vehicle that allow us to connect and empower people’s lives for the better. I was first introduced to Arbonne in 2014 unfortunately at the time they did not have colours for black skin. So when I checked and noticed the array of products they had for all skin type, I was amazed. The products are pure, safe and beneficial made with botanical ingredients. Range of products includes Skin care for men and women, makeup, hair, bath & body and nutrition. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. I love upper market products so i couldn’t go below what I was using. They had to be equal or higher. After 3 months of using these products, I can definitely say that I am more than satisfied. In addition, these products come with 45 days money back guarantee.
Arbonne Products Are Certified Cruelty-Free by PETA, Products are not tested on annimals and the company does not own branches in countries where products have to be tested on animals by law. Arbonne Products Are Certified by The Vegan Society and they are Certified by the Gluten Free Certification Organisation. More info on my website rebeccaholding.arbonne.com
The Marketing Plan
5 steps on the career ladder, Yes 5! 4 Levels of Leadership.
Consultant, District Manager, Area Manager, Regional Vice President and National Vice President.
This is the first thing that I noticed when i googled “Arbonne”. Yes you don’t have to see the full stair just take the first step but i thought to myself ” It must be nice to even see where the steps end and how many of them I need to climb”. It was refreshing.
I looked at the requirements to progress from one step to another, I was literally jumping up and down at how realistic and achievable it was.
I had spent enough time comparing with other companies to notice that this was a good thing.
The average time to progress is just that, average, I achieved District Manager in my 1st month. Business growth is up to you. I know an awesome lady who achieved RVP in 12 weeks from joining.
When I promote to Area Manager, my business can be willed. My team members are not just transferred to my upline when i am no longer around. So should anything happen to me, my family will continue to receive a monthly income.That’s like investing in a life insurance. Having 3 children, this was worth the investment. I don’t know any other company offering this.
People start a business from home for different reasons. Different people, different reasons, different ambitions, different lifestyle. Those people want to run their business however, whenever and wherever they like.
- Global Business: You can build a business in 6 countries, which means from the minute your registration is completed, you can recruit in the US, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Australia and Poland. You can also have customers in those countries. just send them your website links, they will order and the company delivers directly to them. So you could be a sleep and your business is running in Australia.
- Minimum Orders: In Arbonne, there are no minimum order required. You earn on every single one of your orders. yes even £10 you still earn the discount. Whether you choose to run a small business and just need to earn an extra £50 a month or thousands, the choice is yours. You are not limited or penalised for having a small business.
- No Inventory: As the company provides a full E-Commerce website, shopping apps, you don’t need an inventory. The only products you will have are the ones you choose to use for yourself, your family or choose to buy and show to others. So you don’t need to worry about products expiring at home.
- Promoting together: Simply put, during a qualification period, any of my team members can decide to also promote b themselves without that affecting me in anyway. So she doesn’t need to wait for me to complete before she goes into the qualifying period
- Product delivery: The free website is a full e-commerce website. You can chose to hand deliver your products, or take advantage of the company’s delivery service. Your customers can order directly online and products are delivered directly yo them. Delivery is £5 for orders under 500QV and £0 above that. Delivered by a courier with an hour slot.
- Customer Discount: As business owners, it is sometimes necessary to give your customers a discount. Arbonne takes care of that. If your customers would like to receive a discount, they can register as Preferred Customers and receive 20%-40% discount on their orders.
- Customer Support: The back office CRM offers an indept system which allows us to manage our business effectively. I have to do lists set up to remind me on tasks and easy follow up system to maintain customer relation.
- Free Products and Bonus Buys: Over the past 3 months I have earned over £950 in bonus buy and free products. Bonus buys are amazingly achievable. one of them I ordered £145 worth of products (250QV) and received £135 worth of products. Which is huge when you are building products to try on customers.
- Cash Bonus: At every level, you can achieve a cash bonus on top of your overrides.
- Team Building: You can earn commission on Team building from 1 team member. Which means, you do not need an army of team members, recruit you mum, your sister, husband and uncles to make up the numbers in your team.
- Hostess Reward: This was music to my ears. Hostess rewards is one of the expense that would usually come from the Independent business owner’s pocket. Not with this company. Since their desire is to help their sales force keep as much money in their pocket, rewards for hostesses are provided by the company. The free gift products contains products up to £96. Which is absolutely amazing and worth hosting a party.
Once you have a booking, you can create your event on your back office. A portal will then be created for your hostess who will be able to add guests.
Incentives and Rewards
Companies events, I love them. Being able to see the bigger picture on a massive scale is amazing. Every year the company organises national events and a global event in Las Vegas. And yes of course i am going.
Then there is the Incentive trips which you earn for achieving a certain amount of business in a given period. Next year achievers will be going to Las Vegas. All expenses paid. When I looked at the requirements, It is about a third and half of what I have seen in other companies. They make Incentives achievable to more people are able to experience the life style.
Furthermore, Arbonne values families. We can take our families with us when we qualify for incentives, babies are welcomed at any of our events.
I called Arbonne to get the exact figures today. As of 1st November 2019, Arbonne UK had 23 National Vice Presidents ( Car Drivers), the youngest is 26 year old and 91 Regional Vice President ( also car drivers). Now Arbonne has been in the UK for 11 years. 114 leaders receiving a car bonus. Last month I know at least 5 people who promoted to NVP and RVP adding to that number. What would it be in another 10 – 20 years?
When you promote to Region, (3rd level of leadership), you automatically qualify for your car bonus. Yes that’s right, you don’t need to go through another qualifying period before you can be handed the keys. RVP receive £500 an NVP £600 monthly car cash bonus so you can go to any Mercedes dealer and choose any white Mercedes of your choice up to £500. It is that simple. Small, medium, large, it is your choice.
And no, not everyone will get to that level. It is the same for every company. This company is going up, means there is hope. According to the Independent, the number of Vegan soar to a staggering 3.5 million in the UK alone. Plus over 3 Million Vegetarian and these numbers are growing. With that in mind, many people are more and more conscious and cautious about what they put in and on their bodies. This means we will always have customers. Add the fact Arbonne is constantly innovating, I don’t see them going anywhere else than to the top.
There is so much more about this company that i can’t possibility fit into one blog. My advice is to speak to a consultant. I am having a blast and I can’t wait to help my team to grow in this company. You are wondering ” What If I fall”, well my dear, what if you fly!!
You will only get the information you need as an insider. If you are going to be in this industry, at least be in one that rewards you enough and take the risk on getting in debt out of your worries.
Is this worth investing £30? Definitely.
If you asked me today, given a chance to go back 4 years, what would I change? I would have an answer for you. Life is too short not to take action when you are able to do so.